This application process is open to public sector local authorities, local Health Board, third sector and registered social landlords within Cwm Taf Morgannwg. The HCF Funding forms part of the wider Welsh Government policy ‘A Healthier Wales: Our plan for Health and Social care’ and sits under the Programme for Government, focussing capital investment into accommodation solutions for those people who need care and support.
The Housing for Care Funding Programme (HCF) (Objective 3) forms part of the Cwm Taf Morgannwg Regional Partnership Board’s Capital Investment Plan.
This funding can be applied for, to invest into small scale capital projects and capital works that are expected to cost below the threshold of £100,000. (Please note, this is not a revenue funding steam and cannot fund annual service running costs).
Target client groups include; older people, including those with dementia, people with learning disabilities or neuro-developmental conditions, people with emotional health and well-being needs, children with complex needs and unpaid carers.
Before making an application, please read the Welsh Government ‘Housing with Care Guidance 2022-2023’ to ensure your application meets the relevant criteria. The full guidance can be found in the following links:
In summary, Housing with Care Funding can be invested into the following kinds of projects:
- repairs, refurbishments and improvements to existing housing with care or intermediate care settings;
- equipment and adaptations to existing homes which are not supported by other Welsh Government adaptations grants (such as provision of storage space for equipment and mobility vehicles or wheelchairs), including supplementing the cost of Disabled Facilities Grants (DFG) over the £36,000 statutory maximum;
- other smaller scale projects in support of HCF objectives e.g. community or third sector led; and
- digital aids, monitoring and assistive technologies
HCF Objective 3 may not be used for:
- purchase of vehicles
- conversion or improvement of analogue to digital technology infrastructure
Click here for application form
Application process will open from 8th February 2023 to 31st March 2023, please return your completed application forms by 31st March 23 to Paul Ellis – Regional Compliance Officer