Rhondda Cynon Taf and Merthyr Tydfil Mental Health Forum
The Forum is a syndicate of voluntary sector mental health organisations working in Rhondda Cynon Taff and Merthyr Tydfil, bringing together the mental health voluntary sector and statutory sector to enhance partnership working and co-production. The Mental Health forum welcomes any voluntary sector group which provides a service to adults who may be experiencing mental health problems or any organisation with a special interest in mental health within Rhondda Cynon Taf and Merthyr Tydfil. The Forum is hosted by Interlink and the Mental Health Coordinator facilitates and supports the Forum and its members.
The Forum aims to:
- put the citizen voice at the heart of what we do
- encourage and support partnership working.
- facilitate networking amongst Third Sector groups and organisations, in particular those which are recently-formed.
- share and develop best practice, and highlight new developments.
- provide opportunities for collaborative research and business growth, social enterprise and funding specific to our area.
- provide an opportunity for a collective local voice for third sector groups providing mental health services or with an interest in mental health.
- engage in both local and national strategic developments
This is achieved through:
- Promoting partnership working and co-production.
- Engaging in consultation for the enhancement of mental health services
- Representation of the voluntary sector at joint planning delivery groups
- Support and enhance the delivery of local mental health services.
- Providing information and signposting for mental health services
- Sharing good practice on mental health related issues.
- Dissemination of information and a regular HSCWB e-bulletin.
- Raising public awareness through a web site, directory of services, press releases, promotions, events and training.
- Providing quality training for voluntary and statutory organisations.
- Supporting service users and carers to access training
- Encouraging and developing service user and carer involvement in research.
- Mapping and identifying gaps in the provision of day services
- Contributing to the development of new or improved services
Future Meeting Dates:
29th April 2020
29th July 2020
28th October 2020
Maria Abson - Mental Health Coordinator
Tel: 01443 846200