Digital accessibility 20.10.23 12-1 Zoom Please register via the link prior to the event.
Within this session we: ·
Discuss built-in accessibility options available on a range of digital devices.
Give an overview of apps for visual and auditory support.
Give an overview of apps to support communication.
Creating animation/creating music with a smart device Merthyr civic centre 24/10/23 10:00-13:00
Creating Animation with a Smart Device
One of the great things about smart technology is how easy and accessible digital creativity can be. Being creative can be therapeutic, build a person’s confidence and is great fun. It will also help a person to engage with technology, especially if they are new to the online world.
In this session we will:
- Explore different apps and websites than can be used to make simple, fun animations through mediums such as drawing and using plasticine.
- Understand the ease of creating animations for keeping occupied and to benefit mental health and well-being.
Creating Music with a Smart Device
In this session we look at how you can use a smart device to make music. This session will take you through the range of options that are available, from listening to your favourite radio station, creating playlists, listening to podcasts and much more.
- Explore different apps, websites and platforms that let you get the most out of your device.
- Show you how to create playlists.
- Discuss what podcasts are.
- Highlight apps and websites that let you create simple fun sounds to more detailed platforms, that let you unleash your inner musician.