Here’s a great funding opportunity to sit alongside your pantry or may fund a warm bank in your community building.
Fuel Poverty Fund
The Fuel Poverty fund aims to support economically disadvantaged areas and to target grassroots organisations that serve historically underrepresented and marginalised groups.
Who can apply
Registered charities, non-profit companies limited by guarantee, or statutory bodies can apply for up to £10,000; constituted charitable organisations with no charity number can apply for up to £2000.
Successful projects will need to meet one of the following themes:
- Helping individuals to access energy tariff advice or support accessing schemes, including, but not limited to, winter fuel discounts and Social Fund schemes
- Providing energy efficiency or heating solutions to people living in fuel poverty
- Operating a ‘Warm Bank’ in a community building
- Improving energy efficiency in a community building used as a warm space
- Providing warm packs to vulnerable households e.g. radiator bleed keys, heavy curtains, blankets, radiator foil etc.
- Innovative approach to combating fuel poverty
Objectives of Fund:
This winter, National Grid’s electricity distribution business has teamed up with Localgiving to deliver grants to charitable organisations tackling fuel poverty in their communities. With the increase in fuel costs and the cost of living, many families will find paying their bills a struggle at this time of year. And in response to the continued need for support and application levels for previous funds, we are proud to be distributing £5m this Winter. But hurry, the deadline is Friday 10th November!
How to apply
If you are an existing Localgiving member, then simply log into your account (https://localgiving.org/login) to apply. A link to the application form can be found under the ‘My Grants’ section of your account displayed on the left-hand side of your dashboard. If you are not a Localgiving member, then apply here - https://localgiving.org/community-matters-fund-2023-apply
If you are successful with your application and are not yet a Localgiving member, you will also receive a complimentary Localgiving annual membership.