There is considerable evidence to suggest that loneliness and isolation can have a significant impact on physical and mental health
The project will;
- Work in partnership with community groups, community hubs and other third sector services to develop initiatives that address loneliness in isolation in priority communities
- Develop new initiatives in priority communities co-productively with citizens
- Connect commissioned befriending services and their clients to other initiatives across Cwm Taf that address loneliness and isolation (i.e. grant funded and other non-commissioned third sector community based services)
- Support community group members to develop skills and knowledge to enhance the groups sustainability
- Support community groups / third sector organisations to make proposals that tackle loneliness and isolation and assist in the implementation of projects
The project will work across both Merthyr Tydfil and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
For more information contact Karen Vowles – Loneliness & Isolation Development Officer. Contact her on 07503 954158 or email@example.com.