We have been commissioned by the University of South Wales to deliver independent engagement in relation to developing their next Strategic Equality Plan objectives and actions.
We have a survey online (accessible Word and paper copies also available by emailing us) as part of this engagement.
This is open to third sector organisations in Wales, as well as staff and students at any USW site.
As this is particularly relevant to local community groups and third sector organisation in Merthyr Tydfil we would be grateful if you could share the information below in newsletters and on your website.
Have your say on equality, diversity and inclusion at the University of South Wales (USW)
University of South Wales (USW) have commissioned Diverse Cymru to undertake engagement as part of the development of their Strategic Equality Plan.
This survey aims to:
- Hear your experiences – good and bad
- Hear your solutions and ideas for objectives and actions
- Consider the requirements of different groups of people who experience discrimination, disadvantage, and / or inequality due to who they are.
We want to understand your experiences, ideas, and suggestions about how to reduce inequalities; advance equality, diversity, and inclusion; and promote understanding and good relations for all groups and communities in the areas of:
- Student recruitment and retention
- Student learning experience and attainment
- Student wider experience and belonging
- Staff recruitment and retention
- Staff development, and support
- Community engagement and involvement
The survey is open to:
- Learners at any USW campus, including The College Merthyr Tydfil
- Staff at any USW campus, including The College Merthyr Tydfil
- Third sector organisations and community groups in Wales
You can find and complete the survey here:
If you would like a Word or paper copy of the survey or have any access requirements please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30th October 2023