Voluntary Action Merthyr Tydfil (VAMT) is the County Voluntary Council (CVC) for the County Borough of Merthyr Tydfil and has existed since 1997. VAMT has a membership of over 250 third sector organisations and has contact with over 500.
VAMT is a part of Third Sector Support Wales (TSSW) which is a network of support organisations for the third sector. Our shared goal is to enable the third sector and volunteers across Wales to contribute fully to individual and community well-being, now and for the future.
We have four pillars of activity that make up our universal offer. These are:
- Good governance
- Sustainable funding
- Engagement and influencing
Our work is broadly focused on the common themes of:
- Information and advice
- Learning and development
- Networking and communication
- Shaping, influencing and building the social capital and resilience of the sector
- Raising the profile of the sector
Core funding is provided to VAMT on a Cwm Taf Morgannwg regional basis from Welsh Government which is supplemented by Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council and Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board. VAMT also receives significant funding from the Integrated Care Fund (ICF) via Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board and administers a Community Capacity Grants Scheme
VAMT employs a small staff team, and has a board of 11 Trustees, elected annually from amongst its membership.
VAMT is a Company Limited by Guarantee and a Registered Charity, based in the Voluntary Action Centre in the town. The Centre is managed by VAMT and provides office space for VAMT and a number of other voluntary organisations and a large meeting space.
To increase the extent, quality and impact of voluntary action in the County Borough of Merthyr Tydfil by supporting, representing and assisting Third Sector organisations and volunteering. Effecting change by enhancing well-being of individuals, organisations and communities.
To be the centre of excellence in Merthyr Tydfil for the provision of services to organisations and individuals involved with the Third Sector and volunteering.
To create a healthy community by helping to develop organisations to meet their needs, maximizing volunteering opportunities and sharing our mission with all stakeholders.
We believe in and promote:
- Openness, honesty, transparency
- Professionalism and integrity
- Collaborative working
- Excellent governance
- Inclusion and diversity
- Sustainable change that makes a positive difference
From our Vision and Mission Statement we have identified five key strategic aims:
- Enable third sector organisations to deliver services, improve in all aspects of their work and become resilient
- Strengthen representation and influence of third sector organisations
- Enhance volunteering and wellbeing through participation and community action
- Enhance effectiveness of VAMT as an exemplar third sector organisation
- Strengthen sustainability of VAMT.
The Voluntary Action Merthyr Tydfil Board have the ultimate responsibility for the governance of VAMT, its management and administration. The Board members are the charity trustees and the company directors. They are elected from the membership of VAMT at the Annual General Meeting.